- Voxel – a 3D Pixel; a cube.
- Material – the texture of the voxel.
- Define vs Create – Defining a voxel is like a voxel blueprint, the plan before it is created. You can assign a material and customize events before it is created. Creating a voxel is when the block is actually created and visible at a position in 3-space.
- 3-Space – A 3D environment.
- Vector3 – A point in 3-space; having coordinates x, y, and z.
Create a new project in Elite.
Let’s create a Voxel Capture the Flag (CTF) game.
- Define two blocks; a Red Flag and a Blue flag.
- Create the blocks at different places in the world.
- When the player collides with one of the flags, destroy it.
- If the player touches the red flag with the blue flag destroyed, you win.
- Bonus: Play sounds when events happen. ( Halo sound bites can be found here. )